Welcome to Backyardplus! In this post, we show you how to install the 30208 Spa High Limit in a 1989-1994 Hot Spring spa. This Spa Hi-Limit thermostat is a safety device designed to prevent damage to the spa that would occur if the spa overheated. Before we get started, let’s go over the tools and parts you will need.
Tools you will need:
- Phillips head screwdriver
Parts you will need:
- 30208 Spa High Limit Thermostat
- Note: The length of the lead on the 30208 including the capillary is 28″. Please make sure that the length will work for your repair. The manufacturer is not making them as long as they used to.
- Note 2: While the Hi-Limit Sensors have what looks like a bare copper wire, it’s actually a “Capillary Tube” that is “hollow” allowing fluid to flow between the sensor bulb and Hi-Limit Thermostat. It is very important not to “Kink or Cut” the copper line.
Step 1. Disconnect power from the spa.
Step 2. Remove the control panel and the control box from the spa.
Step 3. Turn the control box upside down and remove the back cover.
Step 4. Locate the Spa High Limit thermostat and remove the two mounting screws.
Step 5. Loosen the black and white wires on the old spa high limit and remove it from the control box.
Step 6. Connect the black and white wires to the new one. NOTE: You may have to temporarily remove the heater high limit and route the black wire underneath it to get the black wire properly connected to the Spa high limit.
Step 7. Install the 30208 Spa High Limit with the two mounting screws.
Step 8. Route the copper lead through the bottom of the control box and you’re all done!
Watch The Video Here! “How to Install the 30208 Spa High Limit Thermostat in a 1989-1994 Hot Spring Spa”
Questions about your spa? Contact us! We are the top Hotspring spa parts retailer on the web.
Call us at (805)541-9000
Text us to receive technical support
In addition to “How to Install the 30208 Spa High Limit Thermostat in a 1989-1994 Hot Spring Spa” we offer:
- Our Parts Finder which allows you to find exact-match replacements for your hot tub
- Free technical support that will allow you to maintain and repair your own spa accordingly
- Information regarding your products and their usage through our blog posts.
- Tutorials and assistance through our videos
- Follow us on our Facebook page
Our goal here at Backyard Plus is to help save you money by avoiding costly service calls for repairs that you can easily do yourself!