Hot Tub Alkalinity Decreaser
Decreases pH and total alkalinity of spa water
FreshWater pH/Alkalinity Down decreases the pH and total alkalinity of spa water. It is important to maintain a total alkalinity range of 80-120 parts per million (ppm) and a pH range of 7.2-7.8 in the spa. A total alkalinity of pH reading that is too high can cause cloudy or colored water.
This product is compatible with all sanitizers, including bromine, chlorine, and biguanide.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Use FreshWater5-Way Test Strips to determine the level of total alkalinity and pH in the spa.
2. If total alkalinity is above 120 ppm or if pH is above 7.8, determine the appropriate amount of FreshWater pH/Alkalinity Down to use to decrease total alkalinity to 120 ppm and pH to 7.8. Adding 1 tablespoon per 100 gallons of water will decrease total alkalinity by 20 ppm.
3. Add the appropriate amount of FreshWater pH/Alkalinity Down to the filter compartment while the jet pump is running.
4. Wait for at least 30 minutes, then retest total alkalinity and pH of the spa water.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 as needed.