Welcome to Backyardplus! In this post, we show you how to retrofit the diverter valve in your 1994-1997 Hot Spring with the 71494 Smart Jet Water Diverter Valve Kit. Before we get started, let’s go over the tools and parts you will need.
Tools You Will Need:
- Phillips head screwdriver
- 70825-BYP Snap ring tool
Parts You Will Need:
- 71494 Smart Jet Water Diverter Valve Kit
- 34350 Diverter Valve Snap Ring
Step 1. Remove the diverter valve lever by pulling straight up on the lever.
Step 2. Remove the two screw covers on the bezel, remove the two bezel screws, and remove the bezel.
Step 3. Remove the snap ring with your snap ring tool.
Step 4. Grab the diverter valve stem and pull it straight up out of valve body.
Step 5. Open the 71494 diverter valve kit and grease the O-rings with the provided silicone grease.
Step 6. Install the two small O-rings on the inside of the donut piece.
Step 7. Install the larger O-ring on the outside of the donut piece.
Step 8. Install the donut piece over the stem of the valve and press it down firmly.
Step 9. Install the diverter valve into the valve body.
Step 10. Install the snap ring to keep the valve from launching into orbit.
Step 11. Install the diverter valve bezel and lever.
Watch the video here! “Diverter Valve Retrofit in a 1994-1997 Hot Spring Spa with the 71494 2-Position Diverter Valve Kit”
Questions about your spa? Contact us! We are the top Hotspring spa parts retailer on the web.
Call us at (805)541-9000
Text us to receive technical support
In addition to “Diverter Valve Retrofit in a 1994-1997 Hot Spring Spa with the 71494 2-Position Diverter Valve Kit” we offer:
- Our Parts Finder which allows you to find exact-match replacements for your hot tub
- Free technical support that will allow you to maintain and repair your own spa accordingly
- Information regarding your products and their usage through our blog posts.
- Tutorials and assistance through our videos
- Follow us on our Facebook page
Our goal here at Backyard Plus is to help save you money by avoiding costly service calls for repairs that you can easily do yourself!