In this post, we show you how to replace a 72036 Surewood flat slat on a Tiger River spa. Before we get started let’s determine the tools and parts you will need.
Table of Contents
Tools you will need for your Tiger River Spa slat replacement:
- Miter saw or circular saw
- Caulking gun
- Impact driver or drill
- Rubber mallet or hammer
- Black Sharpie
Parts you will need:
- Surewood, Flat Slat, Redwood Color, Tiger River item# 72036
- Loctite Power Grab Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive
- Stainless steel wood screws
Step 1. Remove the damaged slat.
Step 2. Remove the old adhesive by peeling it off with a scraper.
Step 3. Measure the new slat and cut it to the exact length as the original with your saw.
Step 4. Place the adhesive in the caulking gun, cut off the tip, and spread the glue evenly on the backside of the slat.
Step 5. Place the new slat into the correct position by gently tapping it with a hammer.
Step 6. Pre-drill two small holes for the stainless steel screws.
Step 7. Pre-drill the outer edge of the holes with a larger bit to counter-sink the screws.
Step 8. Counter sink the stainless steel screws.
You’re all finished!
Watch the video here!
Backyard Plus is Here to Help You Be the Hero.
Questions about your spa? Contact us! We are the top Hotspring spa parts retailer on the web.
Call us at (805)541-9000
Text us to receive technical support
- Our Parts Finder which allows you to find exact-match replacements for your hot tub
- Free technical support that will allow you to maintain and repair your own spa accordingly
- Information regarding your products and their usage through our blog posts.
- Tutorials and assistance through our videos
- Follow us on our Facebook page
Our goal here at Backyard Plus is to help save you money by avoiding costly service calls for repairs that you can easily do yourself!