This pressure switch (looks like a radiator thermostat) is a safety device that screws into the heater that will shut down the heater if a “low water flow” condition occurs. It is used on all 1999-2005 Hot Spot spa models as well as all 2000-2002 Solana X, 2003-2005 Solana RX, SX and TX spa models.
PRESSURE SWITCH REMOVAL
1. Disconnect power to the spa.
2. Remove the front access panel.
3. Drain the spa.
4. Open the drain valve to bleed the water out of the plumbing.
5. Open the control box lid.
6. Disconnect the pressure switch connection wires from the pressure switch.
7. Unscrew the pressure switch from the heater and remove any residual Teflon tape from the
threads of the heater body where the pressure switch was connected.
Reverse the removal procedure to install the pressure switch in the control box.
NOTE: Wrap one piece of Teflon tape (in the opposite direction of the threads) three times
around the pressure switch threads before installation. When screwing the new pressure switch
into the heater, DO NOT use pliers, grasp the body of the pressure switch and hand tighten only.
After you are finished with the installation, switch the jet pump to high speed and check the
pressure switch for leaks.