Welcome to Backyardplus! In this video, we show you how to critter proof your spa with the 72775 Intake Vent Screen. This aluminum perforated strip mounts at the bottom of the equipment access door to keep rodents and other critters from making their home in the warmth of your spa’s equipment compartment. Before we get started, let’s go over the tools and parts you will need.
Tools You Will Need:
- Metal shears
- Phillips head screwdriver
Parts You Will Need:
- 72775-x1-BYP Intake Vent Screen
- 35162 Screw #10 X 1/2 Phillips, Sheet Metal Screw, Stainless Steel
Step 1. Remove the equipment compartment door.
Step 2. Measure and mark the area of the screen to be cut.
Step 3. Cut the least amount of screen as possible to get the tightest fit you can around the incoming power conduit.
Make sure the screen is flush with the equipment door frame.
Step 4. Secure the screen to the wood door frame with several short wood screws.
Watch the video here! “How to Critter Proof Your Spa with the 72775 Intake Vent Screen”
Questions about your spa? Contact us! We are the top Hotspring spa parts retailer on the web.
Call us at (805)541-9000
Text us to receive technical support
In addition to “How to Critter Proof Your Spa with the 72775 Intake Vent Screen” we offer:
- Our Parts Finder which allows you to find exact-match replacements for your hot tub
- Free technical support that will allow you to maintain and repair your own spa accordingly
- Information regarding your products and their usage through our blog posts.
- Tutorials and assistance through our videos
- Follow us on our Facebook page
Our goal here at Backyard Plus is to help save you money by avoiding costly service calls for repairs that you can easily do yourself!