SPAGUARD STAIN AND SCALE CONTROL for hot tub calcium build up helps prevent scale formation on spa surfaces, heaters, piping and equipment. Prevents stains caused by copper, iron and manganese and calcium.
MEASURE AND DOSING: Use 1 fl oz per 10 gallons; 1 fl oz = 2 tablespoons; 4 capfuls per 300 gallons.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: TO PREVENT STAINS AND SCALING OR FOR REMOVAL OF FRESH STAINS AND SCALE:
- Clean filter according to label directions for your type of filter using SPA GUARD FILTER CLEANER.
- Weekly application of 1 fl oz per 300 gallons is recommended to prevent scale and stains. Pour entire dosage directly into the spa water with the pump operating. Run the spa with the circulation pump on without aeration for 30 minutes.
- Some existing stains may be removed by brushing stain with a spa brush after application of SPA GUARD STAIN AND SCALE CONTROL.
- Clean filter with SPAGUARD FILTER CLEANER every 30 days.
SPA MAINTENANCE TIPS:
- Test spa water a minimum of once per week.
- Maintain pH between 7.2 and 7.6.
- Keep total alkalinity at 110-150 ppm, and calcium hardness between 110-200 ppm.
- Drain, clean and refill residential spas and hot tubs every 90 days or according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Use BioGuard Off The Wall surface cleaner to clean spa surfaces.
- Rinse filters and use SPAGUARD FILTER CLEANER once every 30 days
Reference Numbers: R0717 42642BIO L42642BIOV1