Technical Specs: 115 Volt AC, 1.0 kW, 8 Amps
HEATER REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR 2000-2005 SOLANA
1. Disconnect power to the spa.
2. Remove the front access panel (equipment compartment door).
3. Drain the spa.
4. Open the drain valve to bleed the water out of the plumbing.
5. Open the control box lid.
6. Disconnect the pressure switch connection wires from the pressure switch and remove the
pressure switch (refer to the pressure switch removal procedure).
7. With two small wrenches of the same size, loosen the nuts that secure the heater connecting
bars. Then disconnect the ground wire attached to the heater.
WARNING: Always use both wrenches to loosen the heater connecting bar. The bottom nut
is fused to the heater terminal to prevent the terminal from being twisted when the top nut is
turned. If only one wrench is used to loosen the connecting bar, the torque applied to the
heating element will be too great, and the heater will be permanently damaged.
8. Unscrew the heater inlet and outlet compression fittings.
Caution: There may still be some residual water in the plumbing.
9. Slip the heater out of the control box, and remove it from the equipment compartment.
Reverse the removal procedure to install the heater in the equipment compartment (refer to the
pressure switch installation procedure if necessary).
Note: After you are finished with the installation, switch the jet pump to high speed
and check the heater’s compression fittings for leaks.